Saturday, September 30, 2006

When Sat comes, you'll experiance something you havent before!

Good Evening all!

Thought I'd blog about the day i have had today, it has been an interesting day and something happened to me which hasnt before....can you guess? Some of you already know and so i wont draw it out any longer.

Like most Sat afternoon's I endevor to keep fit and kick a piece of blown up leather around some grass with 21 other blokes, something which i enjoy alot and actually on occassion does give me chance to talk about church and my job.

Anyway I am currently playing for the 1st team, yeah i dunno why either! We were playing in Erdington today, near Pype Hayes and the team we were playing were second in the league i think. We started well, and by half time we were 2 up and playing really well, this is went it all went wrong, oh and I was playing well, although i had missed a couple of half chances, as always!

During the second half they pressed us for a goal and they did pull one back. Then i gave away a free kick and as i ran away i kicked the ball away which in football is a bookable offence, so had my name taken and the prospect of a £8 fine, something which hasnt happend, but more was to follow. 2 mins later they equalised and the guy who scored ran away from the goal topless which in football is a bookable offence too, hence i decided to be naughty and point this out to the ref who then went and booked the guy while i suffered alot of abuse of the opposing players for unsporting beahviour which i just laughed off, hey i mean i get threatened that they will break my neck most weeks, like 2 weeks ago when i kinda got in a little frakcar with another guy. Anyway the ref booked the guy and then proceeded to walk over to me and ask for my name, i was like you booked me 2 mins ago, thinking cant he remember??? anyway he said i shouldnt have pointed it out to him that he should book the guy so proceded to give me a second booking meaning i get sent off the pitch and the prospect of a £30 fine instead!!
The moral of the story? I dunno, i probably do it again next week before my 2 game suspension!! So today i got booked and sent off, something which hasnt happened before, anyway its Sunday tomorrow, so it cant all be that bad.....can it?

Love and prayers

Aaron x

2 Comments:

Blogger The Random One said...

If only the Colinthians had the benefit of Video-replays and appeals! Still it gives you a few saturdays off to spend time with the good folk of Sutton......or (more likely) to get through a few more seasons on Champ whilst half-listening to Soccer-Saturday in background....... all those Villa and Forest victories.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty said...

We get sent off alot. Usually for dodgie tackles!!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home