Thursday, October 05, 2006

Crawling towards the weekend!

Well today has been one of those days that kinda floats past you, and not really noticing whats going on.
This morning i went into Birmingham to do some shopping for a project I am leading at work which is a youth cafe, upstairs in McDonalds, it runs three afternoons a week between 3-6pm. I brought some games and a CD/Radio player amongst other stuff, but me being me, didnt like to splash out too much. I returned from Birmingham, and plonked all the stuff in the office ready to use next week and I sat down and started to wonder whether this was God's calling upon my life to be a youth worker, I'm the kinda person as some may know that struggles with accepting gifts and recognising I have them, suppose it's due to the past few days, I have been struggling mentally with everything thats going on at work, home and in my own life as a whole. I know this sounds silly.
Anyway after getting back into the masses of work I have to do, i came home looking forward to dinner, which was a microwave dinner for one, the first since the parents left on Sat, have eaten fresh all the other days!! I cooked it to what it said on the packet sat down with a beer and my lasagne, only to find it tasted foul and was still semi frozen in the middle....mmmmmm!!!

So thought forget it, cant be bothered to cook anything else (feel lazy today) so had some fruit only to discover the pear i bit into was so under ripe i nearly broke my teeth!!

Tomorrow is going to be a long day, am on a split shift, so am in 10-12 then 2-9ish, plus i had to ban 3 guys on Wens from the youth cafe so may have some trouble tomorrow, so if anyone sees a riot van outside McDonalds in Sutton tomorrow, you know why :)

Anyway, am beggining to love this blog thing and finding it a good way to keep in touch somehow with people!!

Love and Prayers to you all!!

Aaron xx

PS by the way i finished the Boy meets Girl book, its fabtastic! Looking for another book to read, seriously, i dunno whats got into me, i only have ever read the bible, Roald Dahl books and where's wally before......WEIRD!

5 Comments:

Blogger ScubaSis said...

Oh Aaron - I really don't like to think of you all hungry, looking forward to some nice grub & then sitting down to a horrible half-frozen microwave lasagne. That's just cruel. We'd love you to come for tea someday. Do you like fajitas? - Davie makes them really well.
As far as your gifts go, I have lots to say to you about that, that will hopefully encourage you - lots I've been meaning to say since we came back from Brazil,but I'll say it to you in person when I next see you. Sheerah xx

9:43 PM  
Blogger D Baynham said...

mmmm frozen lasagne icecream. I have never tried it, thanks for the tip I'll give it a miss ;-)

As Shegs says you are very welcome to join us for a meal.

8:30 AM  
Blogger The Random One said...

Erm the riot van is outside McD's most nights days isn't to keep Gore away?

Mate you've done so weel to get this far and into something that, at present anyway, would seem to be what God wants you to be doing. You never know what may be inprinted on your heart come March 2006.....personally I hope the words "Go travelling with Chris" come out!

1:35 PM  
Blogger timelord in the tardis said...

what is great is when you find out where you are not gifted so Jamie Oliver you need not fear.....but if you want a recipe for cider cake...... mmmmmm......visit the tardis...and be encouraged remember even Rob the Lodge learnt some cooking!!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Robbie, Rudolf & Rusty said...

Hi Aaron,

Donald's sermon on Sunday night was all about calling, if you were there think about it, if you weren't get the CD. Donald explains it all very simply and it is very encouraging.

I remember when he talked to student group about calling it really helped me. For example: youth work might not be the actual calling, it may be the delivery tool. Donalds calling is something along the lines of making the bible simple and so being a youth worker and then Minister are the delivery tools!! (hope not too confusing)

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home