Monday, January 01, 2007

How to send money up in smoke!!

Happy new year to you all!

I had a fantastic evenings entertainment round at the posh bird's house last night with some of the crew, was a good evening and I can say now that house parties are much better then going out, and although i had 2 beers, i didnt mind and had a good chuckle at people whilst driving home who had clearly had one too many!! ( by the way they were only small beers i had so was ok to drive!!). One in fact made me and Nat chuckle immensly!!
Anyway a good evening was had by all, including a festive game of family fortunes, which Mr Clayton hosted well.
This morning i got up and was eating the New Years breakfeast which I always have (this being a fry up!!) and was watching the news to see the amount of fireworks going up in various places including London, Cardiff and Edinburgh. Don't get me wrong i love firworks, many people have enjoyed the wonders of my back garden being blown up each year, but what really got me was that the ones in London cost £1 million pounds!! I was gobsmacked. In the world we live in where people go hungry, are homeless and in need and our government decides that £1 million of fireworks is a good idea?!
Perhaps I'm being odd but i feel that money could be better spent else where, not just in the 3rd world but even in England, anyway there's my rant over with, I am in total amazement at how much they cost and it has made me think about whether I should have a fireworks or just give the money to something more needy.
Tonight I have eaten dinner, washed up and made drinks for the family and now am enjoying listening to the new Beatles album, very good by the way!! I will be indulging in my addiction tonight as I got sacked on Championship Manager earlier today so need to restart, yeah I',m sad but my team is about as good as Forest in real life, loosing to Oldham 5v0 isn't good.

Just one more thing (mainly aimed at Teapot), the van i had is a small dicast model and not the real thing but the real thing is a possibility, just need to convince the Olds that its an investment!! Anyone wanna go halves and we could do it up together?
I CAN BUT DREAM!!

Love and Prayers to you all

Aaron xx

3 Comments:

Blogger Teapot said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! And I thought it was a REAL camper van!!

Did u see the prog on the new Beatles remix album, which has been set up as a floor show in Las Vegas, by the Cirque du Soleil. It was absolutely poptastic!Superb underwater sets for "I'd Like to be Under the sea"
I still have my original Beatles lp's "Please, please me", and "With the Beatles" complete with stiletto heel marks where I slid across the floor on the cover at a party once! Parquet floors were all the rage in the '60's!!

10:42 PM  
Blogger The Random One said...

I must add that Mr Smith did attempt to resurrect his managerial career but was rejected by such footballing superpowers as:

Derby County
Birmingham #$"ty
Bury
West Brom
Japan

But fear not for he will bounce back like the great Alan Partridge!

As for London.... great place but naff fireworks, there's more excitement at Az's annual party, although less risk of life at the London ones!

2:19 PM  
Blogger It's not easy being small said...

New Year's Eve was indeed a good laugh and I think that our team did particularly well to come up with answers such as insects!!!
Oh and I think that you definately need to be going into the camper van business with Dave!! Am sure that you could have many happy hours together discussing your plans!!

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home