Monday, November 06, 2006

What a Weekend!!

Alright People!!

What a weekend, I have had a top weekend, a nice relaxing one, which I havent had for a long time to be honest so was fab to have.
On Friday night both myself and the girl i do my detahced youth work with took a group to a chinease in Boldmere, was fantastic evening and we both felt as if we are making in roads into these broken and hurting young people, and that is what motivates me to do my job, to try and help change young people and get the most out of them!
Anyway the meal was fab and then after that i picked up my suitcase and beer, and boardgames and headed off to Doomsdale house in Staffordshire, near Alton Towers to join some other guys on a weekend away at a YHA.
It took me 2 hours as i got lost a couple of times, at one point reversing down a single track with a massive drop on one side which i got close too may i add.
Anyway the weekend was brill and i chilled and relaxed with friends, they all went for a walk on Sat and although i would normally join them i wanted to relax and enjoy the view, we could see the castle at Alton Towers and some of the rides.
I returned on Sunday to the knowledge that people are coming round for fireworks at mine, previous years have seen fireworks being fired at the crowd after it fell over, the famous burning bush, although probably different to the one Moses saw, and also the bird table on fire, which i had to replace with a new one, Mum and Dad are legends to let me blow up their garden every year, but this year for some reason i felt more responsible and i feel it may be the last year..............I KNOW dont say it, im getting old and responsible.
Anyway no injuries or fatlaity's so another year is good!! It was cool to see my mates again, I love spending time with you all!! The Mishkids were there, minus the BAG Wellzie!! Anyway a good time was had by all i think so thats good!
So today I went to work all is good, had a Councellor come and see the youth cafe, joy's!!

So wanted to say to all of you, it was good to see you last night if you came, the picture of me on Dave's blog is awful!!

Much love to you all, off to the Curry and Quiz tomorrow night so that should be a barrel of laughs, prob more funny then that bloke @ church on Sunday night!!

Just a note to Shelagh, good question about the favorite childrens programme, though provoking!! So i thought I'd ask what people's favorite film is of all time, i think mine is either Shawshank Redemtion or the original Itailian Job, but if you wanna comment about Kidz TV then do so!!

By the way the pictures are ready of people from Brazil and will be on tomorrow, they will be the most embarrasing ones I will have of people!!

Love and Prayers fellow Piromaniacs!

Aaron xx

1 Comments:

Blogger D Baynham said...

Fave film....Oh Aaron, I have so many, it depends on the mood.

The Lion King is tops so is the Star Wars iv v vi original trilogy. The Man with Two Brains is so funny that I love it to bits along with Dirty rotten scoundrels and Dead men don’t wear Plaid, Jaws is excellent, The Green Mile was tops, The Constant Gardener was amazing, Pirates of the Caribbean made me laugh and want to swash buckles? and Finding Neverland was just a film to watch. I think that question was far to hard Aaron, just ask if I want a beer next time?

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home